Sunday, November 14, 2010

Memoir

One gloomy day I was shopping at the mall with my mom and sisters. We needed to buy a dress for each of us for my cousin’s quinceanera that weekend. We went store to store searching for the dresses that we liked best. Unfortunately, the first two stores, Forever 21 and JC Penny, did not really acquire the type of dresses that we were looking for.
Once we walked out of JC Penny, I saw the most unbelievable image, in my opinion. A teenage girl, about sixteen, was wearing a small, tight fitted, spaghetti strap shirt that showed her naval. I will never wear such provocative clothing in public like that. Plus, she had on short shorts. Her make up looked kind of sluttish, which made her look even worse. I was thinking to myself, that she is the type of girl who goes sleep around. Sometimes self-image says a lot about the person because of the outer perspective they portray. 162.
I was not the only one starring at this teen. There were other shoppers looking at her and probably wondering why she is dressing so revealing at that young age. However, we will not know the answer because we do not know her.
I had went to watch my older sister soccer game the day after my cousin’s quinceanera at ten in the morning. As I was walking into the field I saw a girl very, but I couldn’t recognize her. The game started. I was going up the field to sit down. When the girl had hit me with the ball. She apologized to me because she accidentally lost control of the ball and that is when I realized who she was. She was the girl I saw at the mall wearing the provocative clothing! I was so amazed. My perception of her was way off.
This is when I learned to not judge a person by appearance but by personality. Just because she wore that type of clothing did not mean that she was sleeping around. She actually was a soccer player, meaning that she trains during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment