Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Prompt #5


#5 Allowances
There are parents who give their child weekly or monthly allowances to teach them money responsibility. But however there child has to earn it not just be given to them for no reason. They will not learn to be money-wise or know how hard work pays off, if everything is being given to them in serving dish. Parents should give their children allowances as a reward for completing chores or behaving well.
Teaching children life lessons is an everyday thing. Parents are the main coach for their children. Teaching them responsibility with money should be thought out carefully because you as the parent will not know where the money will go towards. If allowance is given to them with no background knowledge as of what they did to earn it, they will just expect to be given the money rather than working for it. They need to know that everything in life is not free and they will have to work to get the needs and wants they want in life.
My parents do not just give me money unless they decide to, which is rarely. I do not expect an allowance, but I know they give it to me because of how hard I work with school, and house chores. If they don’t want to give me an allowance I won’t go ask for it. I will be fine with it because I know how many hours they have to work in order to pay bills and rent. And it is the same if they do give me money. My parents taught me in an early age of how money is an important aspect in life. Money pays for clothes, food, bills, rent, shoes, etc. It keeps you alive in till our destiny time. Parents should explain that life isn’t simple to their child because when they are on their own, they will see it is difficult.
Parents might make a mistake teaching their child money responsibility with becoming brats in the future, if they do not teach them properly. Wouldn’t parents dislike themselves if that were to happen? I know I would. Any adult have to be very careful with how they give out money to children. In the long-run it may be bad, but it can also turn out good.
Children doing chores or behaving well deserve the right to a weekly or monthly allowance from their wonderful parents. But in the end what you believe is yours whether to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment