Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Decade I will Like To Live In

If I could live during any decade I would like to live during the 80's because this is when alot of new things came about and there were also some tragic things but very historic. In 1980, John Lennon was assassinated. At this time Mount St. Helens also erupted. That toy every kid wanted was consistent of different color cubes called the Rubik's cube. It became very popular among everyone. Even til now I cannot get the pattern. It is very tricky. Ted Turner also established CNN. In 1981 they tried to assassinate both the Pope and U.S. President Ronald Reagan. We had never imagined that Sandra Day O'Connor would ever be appointed to the supreme court and it did happen this year. That was such a good accomplishment for her. That year a new plague had evolved. It was identified as AIDS. Pac-Man also became extremely popular among the kids and adults. IBM introduced personal computers. In entertainment, E.T. was released in theaters and Michael Jackson released Thriller. Cabbage Patch Kids became popular among kids. Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. In 1985, the new Coke hit the market. This year as well the wreck of the Titanic was found. I would have liked to live in other decades, but for some reason I found this one very interesting. However, I am glad that I know these things even if i wasn't born yet. My decade is still great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment