Monday, December 6, 2010

Family History

If I wanted to know how to preserve my family history, I would talk to my parents and my grandmother. Maybe my dad or mom's aunts and uncles.  I would ask them what are some of the traditions they perform year long, such as in holidays, birthdays or any other special occasions. I would also ask if there is something that has been passed down from generation to generation, such as something valuable or even a recipe that was made by my ancestors. I will probably ask how was there childhood. Something else I would ask is if they had any stories or myths that were told about our ancestors. After they tell me all the traditions they do, I would try to follow them and when I have children I would encourage them to follow them as well. In some cases some of the traditions die and they are not passed to the next generations. If this was the case with my family, I will try to revive these traditions and practice them. I am pretty sure that my parents would be proud of me if I were to do this. Preserving family traditions are important because you will be keeping them alive for years to come.. Everyone should retrace their family history it is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment